Adoption event resources
If you’re a Petco adoption partner and participating in a pet adoption event, we have resources to help make your adoption weekends a success! Just click on the image you want and it will automatically download to your desktop. From here you can add your org’s information. Here’s what you need to include: event time, event address and your website and logo.
Need help adding your logo and address to the graphic? We suggest using PicMonkey to make your edits after you save the image you want.
download event resources
Adoption Event Resources
Jump-Start Your Adoption Event
Thank you for partnering with the Petco Foundation to host an adoption event at your local Petco store!
What’s included in the Resource Guide?
• Tips and timelines to help you plan the promotion of your event
• A customizable media alert to send to your local media outlets
• Shareable social media graphics and suggested text
• Printable and customizable full-page, color flyers
• Printable and customizable half-page, black and white flyers
Now that you’ve downloaded the Resource Guide, what’s next?
3-4 Weeks from the event:
1. Update the customizable flyers and media alert to include your organization’s logo, name and event information.
2. Include the event details in your organization’s newsletter
3. Post your event details on local community calendars.
4. Create a Facebook event using the provided Facebook event cover photo and description.
5. Begin promoting your event on your social media channels using the provided graphics and video.
2 Weeks from the event:
1. Ramp up the posts on your organization’s social media channels.
2. Send out an email to your supporters with the event details and encourage them to share the Facebook event with their friends.
Week of the event:
1. Send the customized media alert to your local media outlets.
2. Introduce your adoptable pets on your social media channels.
3. Send an email reminder to supporters about your event.
Day of the event:
1. Take photos and videos at your event.
2. Try streaming a video on Facebook Live from your event. Ideas for a video:
• Introduce the adoptable pets
• Ask volunteers why they support your organization
• Share a quick interview with families when they adopt a pet
After the event:
1. Share photos and videos on your social media sites and be sure to tag @PetcoFoundation so we can share your lifesaving stories.
Let Petco store associates be your post-adoption support network! As an exclusive offer for approved adoption partners, your organization is eligible to provide a special sticker to all adopters enabling them to pick up a Welcome to the Family - New Pet Parent Starter Guide at any Petco. The guide offers tremendous savings on just about everything an adopter needs and our team of Petco experts are there to help answer those new pet parent questions! Add the power of the Petco Family to your post-adoption support team and get your organization credit for every adoption when a pet parent picks up their Welcome to the Family Guide at Petco.
Petco Foundation Logo
The Petco Foundation logo is the one to use when the Petco Foundation has supplied a grant for money, product or sponsorship for your event. Please ensure that the Petco Foundation, not the Petco logo, is the logo used when showcasing these sponsorships.